Hi peeps,
It is busy busy busy and at times difficult to focus on the things that are important to me. Doing the right thing is not always a straight forward nor black and white kind of matter. So many factors play part in your decisions and sometimes one can struggle have the right approach to things. Life is good, busy but good and though I am embracing the boringness of this town I miss life as an expat everyday. I miss my good friends everyday and I cannot wait until 27th of September when I land in NL to see all the lovely peeps I have been missing back ¨home¨.
I miss going to Amsterdam almost every weekend to enjoy a fine wine every weekend with an interesting person. I miss hearing stories or points of views that affect my own and I miss the educated talks about our environment. People here seem to care little about the subject-matter and I find it a bit frighting that people care less about their environment in such a rich country. By all means I know how to smalltalk now and keep people entertained but I miss being part of something bigger than me. I MISS making a difference in the world. For now though I have to just accept that I cannot be that kind of person for a while. I keep busy with other things until a good opportunity bids as was the plan all along.
Coming back to the fairy tale like valley Odda has not been as bad as I thought it would be. I am connecting with my family and I am making new friends everyday. I enjoy the fact that there are a lot of international people here which makes for an interesting wine and dine evening. Right now I also find time to go for walks and jogs if nothing else but that is about it. The next 10 days will be hectic before I head off to the Netherlands. I am planned inn to work at several places and might do more bartender work in the weekend. It is nice do something different for a while, it keeps me busy and away from bad decisions I suppose. It is a bit fucked up what boredom does to the hormonal brain is it not?
Anyway, to sum it all up most things are okay. I am finding it hard to focus on the right things right now but if I keep myself busy I will manage just fine I think.
My cat loves the boring life at the moment, I have never seen her this relaxed and happy. She is constantly sleeping on my lap when I am in bed and greeting my with her loud meows when I get home. She even crawls up on my lap while I type away words on the laptop.
I have no clue what will happen next, I hope for something good and meaningful in my life. Because my dreams remain the same as they always were, to make a difference.
xo
Viking
No comments:
Post a Comment