Wednesday, 8 June 2016

The People You Meet

Hi there peeps,

Not too active these days. Mostly keeping busy with work and such things and as planned that is pretty much claiming most of my time. It feels good to do something again even if I did not go to university to serve people there is a goal in trying to start over fresh. Most days I just want to jump on a plane or a bus and get away, but then I meet some nice tourists at work which brings that nomadic feel back that I always long for when I am restless. A hint of the travelling spirit and dreaming of where to go next keeps me focused somehow. Strange but true indeed that I need some sort of adventure in my life. Another brilliant newsflash is that a really good friend of mine will visit me in July. Another Dutchie to make the city of Odda a dangerous place is just what I needed ! ;) 

The people I meet are really so important in a sense, these impulses are very much needed to feel alive and to evolve. Does that sound strange? You see, in my experience that is what many people need in their lives (to a certain extent that is). In order to feel life and to get a sense of inspiration to our humanity we need people around. New acquaintances as well as old ones are important because they help shape us. I spoke to a new friend of mine the other day, she told me how annoying people tended to ruin her day. Of course it can be annoying when people are rude and inconsiderate, but it also gives and innate reminder to us how we wish to be treated, experienced and who we wish be in this world and our communities. It reminds us what we are not willing to do or become when we see something we consider as inappropriate behaviour.

The other more pleasant scenario is that we meet someone who seem very kind and warm. Someone who in a positive manner manage to want you to aspire to become more like them or just improve yourself. Those people are the kind that leaves a nice footprint on your soul and they put a smile to your face just because of who they are. They inspire in a whole different way and they give us energy just because they are the way they are.  

The people we meet are important, I learned this a long time ago and right now it is important to keep that in my mind whilst I ruminate on how I wish to proceed with my life. What is my next  endeavour and how much time do I need to spend working in my hometown to get there?  Of course I have ideas, many in fact yet I ponder how viable some of them are and I would like to have an answer to this before I continue on my journey. I honestly have no clue where I will go to next, my life truly feels like blank sheet of paper where I am the artist with the quivering hand trying to make something beautiful and pleasing to the imaginative mind.

xo Viking

    Photo by Me: Sandvind Lake in Odda 2016
     

No comments:

Post a Comment