Hola,
Despite the last months of pain, there are moments of great joy as well. This weekend for example, it was amazing and I had such a colourful and lovely warm weekend with the best man I ever met. He has seen how difficult the past months have been for me and I think he just wanted to make me forget about it for a while and so Saturday I woke up to a tidy and clean house and a bf that held a tray of fresh made omelette and coffee and greens for me. Smiling and just a tad disappointed that he did not reach the bedroom with the tray before I had woken up. Because he is away for studies next week he had planned to spend as much time with me as possible. A year after we started dating I am still head over heals with this kind and gentle and smart human being. We visited my dad and youngest brother and played games and we visited my boyfriends parents as well. Eating vegetarian pizza and just chilling with family was very nice. Then today before he left we went for a walk and met up with my brother and played masterminds before my bf had to head to Bergen.
I cannot say it enough how much I love him and keep falling more and more in love with this guy. We understand each other most of the time and when we do not we talk about it and sort things out. He is very supportive and I am learning to be more supportive as a partner as well with him. Everyday we are learning new things about the other person. I like that a lot.
After he left for Bergen I lit up the fireplace and found my study spot in the couch and started reading about foster-care pedagogic modules for next year. It was very interesting and again I got weak and ordered a book about how different cultures understand and act upon learning and problematic behaviours in children. It is on days like these that I get inspired to read and to learn more, I get focused and driven when I am in the zone. I decided yesterday already that I would spend the evening reading about next years modules and learn some basic concepts in the first and most central module. I think by next week I will look upon module nr 2.
Being with someone who reads and has a hunger for knowledge inspires me. He is the kind of person I would like to be more like. With him I feel more driven to get there and to get started on my new degree and the great thing about us is that were I am weak he is strong. And where he is weak I am strong so we help each other to become better in things we are not so good at. This is how I know this relationship is healthy and although you cannot be certain in anything in this life I dare say I hope and think this is the man I am meant to be with the rest of my life. I need a man like him in my life! So I think this was the way things were meant to happen now. I had to be crushed and see how relationships with no talking about issues or the opposite where there was only conflicts and arguments were like before I met someone who was used to talk about issues and solve them as a team. More people should be like this. Maybe we are just stupidly in love with heart-shaped pink glasses on and that is why it now seems so simple. If that is the case, I hope those glasses are glued on us for the rest of our lives! When my struggles are real, he is the one person to bring my soul joy and the one person who makes me feel like a ok humanbeing. When I am stuck, he inspires me to let my hair down and get unstuck. This is something I think I did not have in the past. But without my past I would not have learned enough to be with him and so with all the scars I have there are lessons. I am a slow learner when it comes to these things but I learn. This year has been amazing in the lines of love, learning and I am pleased to see that a lot of new knowledge is to come and stimulate my grey cells yet again next year! :D
The 2 Vikings ;)
Priority until then is to keep the pink glasses on, mend my health, work my butt off and to read a lot. Somehow I think it will come together. It will be a hard but wonderful new year and it has for sure been a very interesting year that passed.
I am a lucky Viking :D
xo

No comments:
Post a Comment