As many of you know I had a housewarming BBQ last weekend. Colleagues and friends were invited and Noelia and I actually cooked! :P Yes you read it right, both of us made something! I made a pasta, something to nibble on, a salad and veggie stuff for the grill. Each person that came to the party brought food or drinks or both. The Spanish team from work brought lots of food and wine and it was good too because I can tell you there were many people. Some people from the British team also came, yet it was mostly people from ATS and the Spanish team that came and some from the Nordics. Most people came with a partner and of course my bf was also there.
It was a really nice BBQ, I could not have asked for a more cozy evening. Good wine, drinks, nice people and let's not forget the nice food that was made! Everyone contributed something to the BBQ and our house certainly got warmed up. I especially enjoyed a grilled mango with pepper on it, couscous and tzatziki on it with a dry white wine. And of course I really enjoyed the company, I like being around people and to get to know new people.
The next few weeks will be spent planning the holiday to Norway and to acquire a cat. After everything that happened these last 12 months I have decided it has to happen and the ones that know me well know the story and know it will probably happen in July or August. It will be an oldish cat from the shelter and most likely the shelter were I used to work. I miss my dog Darwin a lot, but unfortunately I have met a wall with my ex and can not see the dog anymore. It is sad and frustrating of course yet I can not do much about it and I have to accept that it is like this. Instead I will spend my energy on helping animals that need me more at this moment in time and this time the cat will be in my name only. Thus much I have learned from the pasts brittle mistakes.
Looking ahead the next few months will be interesting, I am settling into my new 'warmed-up' home, traveling to see family and old friends again and I am looking forward to hug my granddad again. It has been too long now and so much has happened since I saw them last. Being Norwegian I guess we will not share too intimate details but I just want to hug them as soon as I get the chance!
Furthermore, I am getting trained in new instruments and services in the weeks and months ahead for my job and in-between I am also working the phones when people have trouble with their instruments.
I can only hope that this finally means my life is back on tracks a bit. Because woaw this roller coaster has been stressful yet I am very lucky, it so nice to have someone by my side that supports me and sure as heck makes everything so much easier to face. I feel very happy and finally like I am where I was supposed to be. Everyday I meet new people and make new friends, life is a bit slow but right now that is perfect for me and exactly what I needed.
xxx VIKING




No comments:
Post a Comment