Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Summer is coming !

Dear Readers,

Since I still have no wifi in the new house my posts will be somewhat limited, but hopefully by tomorrow it will be alright and then I can get some more blog-posts out there.  I am guessing that I would not have had time to use the wifi anyway with all the things that has had to be sorted the last month either way.

My flatmate and I are currently planning a house warming BBQ whilst getting things in the house sorted. Saturday we get friends and colleagues over from all kinds of nationalities. Everyone are bringing something to eat or drink or both so that part is pretty much covered. I am gonna try to make an Italian dish myself, but let's see if it will be edible in the end. Let's just not try to even imply that I am somewhat of a chef or foodie, because I am as far from that as I am from climbing the mount Everest! I think it will be pretty great and I am expecting the weather to be at it's best behaviour ....

The house is big enough to host quite a big party, yet places to sit are limited. Let's see what happens, I am guessing it will be ok anyway as long as there is enough food and blankets aaaand wine! :D 

Further down on the agenda for July-August there is the plan to adopt an old cat. Since my ex decided it was time I stopped meeting my dog I have decided to turn my misery surrounding this absurd case into a good thing. I will help the old cats in shelters from now on. A friend of mine does that and I always wanted to help the old or shy elderly cats and I guess this is a perfect opportunity to do so. Leaving the sad residue of my past life behind and look forward as they say, but I will be honest and say that has NOT been an easy decision. I have had inner battles with this and external ones as well, but at some point I guess it cause more harm than good to cling onto it and fight.

Right now I want to make sure I can use my skills, care and love on what I do best instead of hopeless cases which gets me nowhere. 

I am blessed to have met awesome people in my new life and met the most wonderful guy a girl could ever ask for. It makes everything more warm, hopeful , sunny and bright. As if the clouds that covered my "view" get lifted and I can feel the rays warm my skin again. In stressful times, people like this make me strong and everything difficult falls away a bit, if not for good then at least for long enough to get back on my feet and brush of the dust from my knees. 

Summer has really entered my life in many ways than one. And I think it came just in the nick of time.


x Viking!


No comments:

Post a Comment