Monday, 8 August 2016

Project Viking

Hi there,

In these days I have a lot going on again. Both work is busy as well as the search for new adventures.
Last week I went to Haugesund to see a friend of mine and her kids. It was lovely and I am planning to visit them again very soon. In september I go to Stavanger and after that I head to NL for a week or so. After that I am not sure of my plans. It depends on if I found a job and where. Things at the diner are going well at the moment and I am starting to get more into the groove of things. Today I met a lady that used to teach me and my siblings horseback-riding and jumping. I asked her how business was and guess what they are starting up the stables again! I got a bit excited and promised to visit soon. I fully intend to get back into the saddle ASAP. She told me which days they were open and I could feel myself getting excited about the news. I smiled, the older lady smiled and seemed genuinely happy to see me. It was one of those moments which just fills one with a great sense of nostalgia mixed with happiness. Even writing about it makes me happy. Because it is like the first step to getting back into a hobby I always loved to practice. Who knows, I might start jumping again as well if I really get into shape! :)

If feels good to kind of get to know people in a new way after all those years. Even if I felt a bit cadged in this town I am lucky to meet different people every day. I am learning to be comfortable with having a clear answer to why I do things and though I still have D-days I certanly feel positive despite the sad weather.  I miss friends I know I will not see in a while but I know I will meet the people I  have carved into my heart again. To travel is who I am and I always try to let my path be guided by the people I love and miss and want to visit. Hopefully California and Canada will be on the agenda next year. After that who knows, but those are both amazing places to go and I have good friends there which I am dying to split a bottle of wine with whilst the words and latest news fall out of us like it has not been too long since we last met.

Those friendships are the best. No matter the time between you and the off and on communicado you still manage to pick up the conversation as if no time or distance had ever passed or been between you. To me those things are important. 

The last few days I have been thinking a lot. Not just drifting inn and out of notions but actually making decisions about who I am and who I choose to be. Saying NO to things and actually feeling good about that. It is a big step in the right direction. Am I slowly coming to terms with myself? God I love being single right now, it allows me to assess my own emotional state separate from those of others and to work on myself. I think I needed that for years but never really allowed myself to take a real good look at myself. I feel stronger and more independent and it is a scary thought but maybe I am better off with my personality to be single? A year of soul searching might actually be a pretty darn good idea :) I call it the Project Viking.

Am I weird? 

xoViking 

No comments:

Post a Comment