Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Dreams of a trotter

Dear readers,

It has happened again. Lady spring has taken a hold of my mind and body. You know that feeling of jitters when you just itch to get stuff done right? Well maybe it is just me, but I doubt it. Anyhow, it feels like electricity just moving through the body and you move faster and then the odd feeling pops up that you are becoming very effective just all of the sudden. Despite a rather rainy spring the first rays of sunshine still make me wake up from the long winter sleep. 

       My private pictures from a park near my place.

Yesterday I was looking at hotels and flights to the UK. Today I am dreaming of the beaches in the south-west of France. I should really pick up a French language course again. The French language is in my opinion one of the most beautiful languages in the world. Spanish is also fascinating and one day I want to learn that as well, but next language I will learn WILL be French.  Then I will go to France and read a French newspaper at a typically French  cafe while nibbling at a French dessert and sipping my cappuccino. Yes this silly Viking is dreaming away the rain and replacing it with Frenchness hahaha. For many years I dared to do very few things for myself but what I did do was dream. I dreamt big dreams and small dreams and they gently took me on their wings into a better world. Shaped ambitions and broke down the inner critic if not for long then at least long enough to bring about changes in my life. So these moments in Amsterdam, Utrecht or Leiden were I can enjoy a nice coffee with a Dutch newspaper and a typically Dutch biscuit on a sunny day with good company feels like living one. So then the next lovely dreams pops up together with the warm winds as I go for a jog or wake up in the morning rays of the sun. It can be horseback riding on a beach in a distant country, it can be the visit of an old friend and indeed jumping on a plane to somewhere I always wanted to go.
Private photo from the park near my place. 


More then once people told me, you should just do it Annie. And oh I would, but things need to fall into place. I yet need to realize my ambition, you know the one were I invent or discover something awesome or start my own business and it becomes a success! ;) One day I will get there and when I do this Viking will become a globe trotter so just beware. I have a whole list of places I would like to go, but until I get where I want to be I will just plan journeys to countries near me. 

No matter how bad your day is, if you take the time to just visualize something that would take you away from all that I promise you that you will feel better. Dreaming a bit is healthy, it creates positive thinking and when needed also hope. Rome was not built in a day, brick by brick you know you will get there in the end.

xx the Viking




No comments:

Post a Comment