Dear Readers,
Autumn has recently grabbed a hold of the Netherlands and it seems so long ago since summer passed already. Almost like it never happened....
This week has been fully booked again. Traveling around NL this weekend to meet with friends I have not seen in a while. Slowly things are getting back to normal over here and I can breathe and look ahead. Next week is already filling up and so I guess I will see very little of home that week as well. Today I came across an article about a library in Prague which I really would love to visit! It is called the Klementium Libary and it is the perfect excuse to book a weekend in Prague for January.
Wednesday I had a meeting with my landlord after work which needed to be done since the house is like a sinking boat in terms of leaks. It went better than expected, the owner even brought us flowers and was really friendly. The real-estate guy seemed happy about the meeting as well. I think I am slowly getting the hang of the Dutch directness finally ! I just hope I will not become rude in the process hahaha but I think my Norwegian friends already find me a rather blunt little lass after more than 4 years with Dutch influence. Yet being direct is maybe a better approach for me in the long run. That way nothing is left unsaid and though the truth is not always comfortable to be confronted with it might just be a better approach for me.
Sean Yab (via Pulptastic, 2015): Klementium Libary
Wednesday I had a meeting with my landlord after work which needed to be done since the house is like a sinking boat in terms of leaks. It went better than expected, the owner even brought us flowers and was really friendly. The real-estate guy seemed happy about the meeting as well. I think I am slowly getting the hang of the Dutch directness finally ! I just hope I will not become rude in the process hahaha but I think my Norwegian friends already find me a rather blunt little lass after more than 4 years with Dutch influence. Yet being direct is maybe a better approach for me in the long run. That way nothing is left unsaid and though the truth is not always comfortable to be confronted with it might just be a better approach for me.
The cold air and darker days somewhat hardens me. It brings a kind toughness with it to prepare you for winter and an urge to take flight across the boarders. In my hometown Odda I grew up between towering mountains, biting winds in an industrial city. People there were hard workers and they still are. I remember how it felt living there, how you seek shelter within yourself and prepare for the weather by covering up and getting on with things. You are more humble because you realize how insignificant you are in this world. I kind of sit with the same feeling now. Prepping myself for what's to come, within I find that quiet place again that no one can touch or reach and somehow I know I will be ok. I was speaking to my friend Jo about it the other day. Despite everything the last few years and especially recently when the worst has passed I get the feeling that things will be ok for me.
I might go to London in December or just somewhere in Europe in January, though I am not sure. I all depends what happens with work. A lot is up in the air so I dare not to hope or plan too much, but I can feel the craving for adventure from deep within turning my nose to other destinations. I know for sure that I want to go travel for my birthday i January, far far away .
Dreaming of new places is always exciting. Crossing my fingers there will be good tickets for sale soon !
xxViking
I might go to London in December or just somewhere in Europe in January, though I am not sure. I all depends what happens with work. A lot is up in the air so I dare not to hope or plan too much, but I can feel the craving for adventure from deep within turning my nose to other destinations. I know for sure that I want to go travel for my birthday i January, far far away .
Dreaming of new places is always exciting. Crossing my fingers there will be good tickets for sale soon !
xxViking

No comments:
Post a Comment