Hello Readers,
So yesterday I went to Utrecht. It was nice, Jessie and I had a slumber party.It is always weird to be back in a place were I spent 3 years of my life. The city is also changing so rapidly due to the rebuilding of the station and area around. It looks nicer every time and far grander compared to when I lived there.
The day was sunny yet grey. The clouds were threatening to bring cold rain with them but in the end it was mostly sunny. As I let my feet dance down the stairs in a rapid rhythm memories popped back into my head from a distant past. It dawned on me that this is how Leiden will feel like whenever I go there. Like a distant memory pressed into the back of my brain where it is stored and feels like it was not my life. Maybe that is for the better anyway? Not sure, but it is how my mind works itÅ› magic I think.
Yesterday I arrived at the station in Utrecht and got picked up by my friend and we went to do some shopping, before heading to Oog en Al where she lives. We watched a movie that froze half-way through and so each of us had a bottle of wine. I have no clue how that happened but it did and we could laugh at our sorrows and the world. This morning we had to laugh again as we were quite a funny bunch yesterday with our deep conversations and our stories to tell about things that had gone good in life and things that had gone down the shithole. As we sat there chatting away the sky opened up and the chilly rain dressed the concrete below. Somehow it felt like a lullaby and I soon after fell into a deep sleep. No dreams, no nightmares, no emotion. There was just the sounds of rain covering the ground gently with it's water-coat.
It is nice to spend time with people again. People who speak their mind and never cover up their true emotion. As I get older, I realize I wish I was more like that and that more people would be like this. I am convinced that would be a better way to live. However, I guess we live in a world dominated with egocentric views and actions and if you want to get anywhere or prevent getting hurt then put a lid on things and get on with it. Harsh as it might seem it is very often what I see and I admit I am also no angel when it comes to this. I just wish it was different, especially now that is all and it is refreshing to be around people who are so kind and and put others before themselves. I guess Utrecht is a place I will always come back to in order to meet friends and the city has certainly not gotten ugly since I was gone. Yet it will always have more nostalgic atmosphere about it after what happened and though strange it was good to be back for a bit.
x Viking

No comments:
Post a Comment