Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Hidden Heroes

Dear Readers,

Today I would like to write about something slightly different than I normally do. It is not so much about cultural differences but more about cultural similarities or more accurate...about humans. Somehow I ended up in conversations today that all kind of revolved around how you ¨see¨ people and then how you truly see them once you get to know them better.

People you work with though smiling from ear to ear or being strong headed and at times stubborn, they are all people with stories. People you meet for the first time with awesome personalities or not so awesome personalities. They all have a story, a life line already lived. Some people choose to laugh about their issues whilst others hide them. Some are silent in their suffering and some are more open and others...well others they shout. There is no right or wrong way, just the rippling effect of words and actions on the world around us, the repercussions of our actions. What one chooses to share and the things we chose to hide deep within. Feelings, memories and bad decisions ....all too easy not to talk about unless in a situations were we can laugh about them together because we had similar experiences which makes us ¨more normal¨ in the eyes of the masses.

Every person I ever met has had hard times in their life. Young and old it does not matter, they all have been through something who made their character what it is today. What fascinates me so much about people is how some might have pretty much the same upbringing and then still end up so very different as they leave their home. I admire people who are strong and kind despite their struggles in life and people who stand their ground despite having had the ground crumbling beneath their feet more than once. People who can understand other peoples views, opinions and actions despite not being met with the same understanding themselves. I almost envy their perseverance and consistency as I do not have it in times when I wish to possess such ¨superpowers.
I know people who have been raped, beaten, abused in horrible ways, seen family get killed or worse in front of them, I know people who live or have lived with addictions, constant pain or illness yet still they smile every-time I meet them. And then they ask me how I am doing (of all people!). My life is really not that interesting! I know people from all kinds of cultures and they all have been through a lot. More than I could ever fathom. These kind of people who are my heroes everyday as they smile to the world and by just being an inspiration for me become a better person.

People leave tracks on my soul, whether is in good or bad ways. They are all carved into me one way or the other. Not sure how to explain that in any other way, but I wish that my emotions did not always get the best of me honestly. If I was more like my inspirations in my everyday then I know things might have been different. Everyday I work on myself, yet I have a long way to go before I can really look at myself and think...yes I am proud of myself. It will come I hope, but looking around me at people I think I have such a long way to go.

Sleep tight peeps! 
xX Viking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment