Heeeey good folks,
So yesterday some friends of mine and I went to this restaurant in Utrecht called GYS! It is a biological restaurant with a lot of vegetarian dishes. It is not only cheap and filling but the food was well presented and very tasty as well! I had a vegetarian Wellington pastry with a salad. Instead of meat they had used lentils and onion, smoked mushrooms and lovely herbs and seeds to add nice taste to it.
It was quite a popular place as well, all kinds of people seemed to be there. The restaurant had an industrial yet green vibe to it. The light bulbs were filled with plants and moss and the colours were bright yet soothing. A bit hipster like place but pure in atmosphere and the Chardonnay was divine as well! We chatted for hours while devouring our vegetarian and vegan meals and watching bypassers and cute couples flirt on the outside dining area. Whilst Utrecht is not well-known for good service when it comes to dining out, my friends and I got excellent service over there. The waitress was quick to ask us if we needed anything when our plates were empty.
Picture from GYS in Utrecht (Voorstraat 77) found via Google 2015.
It was a nice evening, a lot of laughter and I was so tired from my part-time job that one glass of wine did the trick of making me tipsy hahaa. Then 'chatterbox' Annie was back in play.... always embarrassing to look back at that. As I was sitting there watching my friends talk I again realised how much I will miss this. Exploring vegetarian restaurants, chatting with friends, enjoying life together.
All of the sudden Jessie suggested to share the grand dessert and my healthy day had been going south anyway so I agreed. For me though the dessert was my least favourite part, but definitely recommend the breakfast, lunch and dinner menu! There was a vegan burger on the dinner menu that my vegan friend ordered and Jessie she had a quinoa risotto (vegetarian). This is the type of life I want to live, spontaneously deciding to go dine with friends one evening at a new place we have not been before and be positively surprised by both service and food and atmosphere. In any case, GYS has my full recommendation for vegetarian people and people who only eat biological.
xx Viking

No comments:
Post a Comment