Sunday, 17 April 2016

Getting side-tracked again

Hello good folks,

I hope all of you had a nice weekend. I sure did despite the fact that I had to meet up at my part-time job today, buuut it was ok. Life has suddenly gotten busy these days making arrangements for the move but also meeting up with people who are important to me here in the Netherlands. 

Yesterday I went with a good friend to the nature reserve of Het Gooi. I have been there many times before and I love it. The fresh air grabbing my lungs and forcing them to breath deep and discard Co2. The colours of the heathland looks amazing this time of year as everything is slowly coming to life.  If you are a nature person stuck in busy city life in the Netherlands or just a tourist looking for a nice environment to walk or run in then this is a place for visiting. Right next to the entrance alongside the main road there is also a restaurant/cafĂ© called la Place. Coffee there with this amazing view in front of you after a walk is an experience worth the trip and time.


Time in this country is definitely money spending time outside I truly believe is equally important. The health of a person declines significantly if every moment is spent working or being inside. Seeking a sort of refuge in nature and moving our bodies just for the sake of feeling alive and to work through some emotions and to get the blood flowing is plenty enough reasons to just do it. A lot of us need to think in perspective, not planning everything to a T but daring to live in the moment. We never know just what can happen all of the sudden.



After coming home to the house I spent some time to land and cuddle and play with my cat Freya. She is doing great and like a flower she is opening up more and more every day. I can pick her up now and cuddle with her and she starts purring and pushing her head against my noose. To think that this cat could tear people open if people got to to close or just run off in pure panic in June 2015 is amazing. Because now she is still shy but rather seems to enjoy attention from me.  She used to be scared of cat toys and sudden movements, all kind of noises were reason enough to stay in her carrier for up to 3 hours without moving an inch just out of fear.

Now she is curious, she plays with her toys happily and cuddles and playtime is not scary anymore. At night she curls up on my lap and falls asleep soundly. She snorrs a little which is funny because I used to always say...that when dating someone if they snorr this is a dealbreaker :P Well how ironic then that my cat snorrs with a peeping noise on exhale. Her noose is like a whistle hehehe so if I fall asleep first it is usually ok. One gets used to things and she brings me so much joy, This cat fits my life perfectly, because I learn things from her and this may sound strange but she knows exactly when I am having a crapshit day. She walks over to me sits next to my leg and dumps her back alongside my leg and purrs her way to my heart.



I like my cat, no I love her deeply. In an odd way it is like my child (not being anthropomorphic here just saying;), it feels like I am her protector and that she is what helps me pull myself together and feel good when that sort of thing might be needed. Her piercing yellow gaze has the ability to turn my moody days into a good day. Funny this effect that animals have on me, I find it very interesting how they can read me so well but people can more often not. Maybe I am more animal than person? Acting on instincts more then rational computerized mind?  I am not sure but, what I do know is that I always had a connection with animals and that I feel more at ease in nature and amongst them then with people. Yet I would not say that I am like the wolf man or something like this, no I do find human behaviour distinct from any other species and very interesting to analyse and I must admit, I like humans as well ;) Animals just read me easily and so it makes it less complex to make myself understood with them. In the beginning of my 20s my interest in human behaviour grew. I found myself asking questions about communities, cultures and individuals that in the past I was less aware of. In fact I used to not care, I was too busy surviving and observing the other living creatures I surrounded myself with. 

But look at me babbling on, I mean this post was supposed to be about my lovely Saturday walk and a little bit about my cat hehehe. Getting side-tracked tends to be what I do in this blog as well as when I have conversations with people I have been told. Oh well, things are busy and I feel very tired at times so when I write my mind takes off and my fingers race across the keyboard. Distracting me from the fact that I am leaving the Netherlands in less than a month (terrified). The good point to all of this is that I am getting in touch with people I have not been talking to in waaay way too long. It makes me a bit excited as well in a way to know that something new is beginning. I will miss the Netherlands even so and some people I really really care about. But I am looking forward to visit and see them as often as I can.


Take care peeps.
xx Viking and Freya

No comments:

Post a Comment