Sunday, 13 March 2016

Blended week(end)

Hola folks,

It has been a busy week and there have been some bad peeks and some good ones as well. Monday I started bad. I still have not got my contract for the part-time job. That has not changed either and Friday I was not feeling well and still not having got my contract I decided to stay home. Then the gemeente called and the woman Miss S. Decided it was in her place to tell me how poor she found my attitude when I started asking about the contract of the job Gemeente Haarlem has found for me. The promises that were made have not been upheld as of yet so I wanted to know what went wrong. I was told that I did not sound sick enough to stay home and that if I lost this job (which I have no contract or prospects for) she would make sure I felt the consequences for it! I had to contain myself not to laugh at her...I mean who the fuck does she think she is?? When was a civil servant allowed to threaten the very people they are supposed to help? And that just because you are sick and are asking questions about what happened to the contract after 3 weeks of not seeing it....at that moment I missed Norway...I missed it so bad that I cannot even express it in words. I was closed to breaking, could feel the seems of my brittle soul break a little. All I have done to not break the rules and I get pushed down by Miss.S, metaphorically I could not be more face down in the mud and she does that? Some social worker..... fuck that!

Instead of crying or breaking down I felt sick to the stomach and then got angry instead. Typical Viking...a multitude of emotions just forced into one single purpose...anger! Before I hung up on this very rude woman I wished her a good day of course and a very determined yet short DOEI! (BYE!) I am done taking crap from people, really so done with it and no one will make me feel like my efforts are shit. (Even though it is difficult to believe in myself at times!) It has come to this division of paths...either I find a new job or I leave the country with my cat. I rebuilt myself yet again, I start over yet again like I have numerous times before. One way or the other, I will find a way through this mud (face up) and this will all seem like a stupid bump in the road.

But that was Friday and the rest of the weekend was actually really good. Me and someone who has become a very good friend of mine spend most of the weekend cooking and walking in Bloemendal National Park. Then we took Freya to the vet to get her rabies shot and that also went really well. In Zandvoort aan Zee we stopped to eat at the seaside restaurant M.Meijer. Service was good and so was the food and the view was amazing of course! After the relaxing weekend (which is just what I needed to top up on the positive energy) I am ready to start a new week. Today I had to work and tomorrow as well, then Wednesday I have an interview for a fulltime job (crossing my fingers). A lot is up in the air and I just hope real hard that everything will be okay. I know I am not the only one experiencing hardship these days so I will put in some hope and crossed fingers for those others that have met the wall a bit like i have.

xx Viking

No comments:

Post a Comment