It has been a weird week and I will write something about that in my next post. First though, I would like to dedicate a post to yesterday´s awesome event! I went to the Maria Mena concert in Amsterdam at Paradiso. Although the wait was rather long and I am quite the claustrophobic it was totally worth the it all. Even my hurting kidneys were forgotten as miss Mena opened her mouth and let out these beautiful tones I have not heard in a long time! She has so much charisma and she sings about the reality she sees and feels, which is why her words has such a grip on you when you hear them live as well as through speakers.
Maria Mena is Norwegian like me, she is very humble and funny on stage. Last year Robert and I also saw her sing at De Duif and back then it was a more intimate concert as opposed to yesterday at Paradiso. The concert was sold out and the old church which is made into a nightclub/event hall was packed to the brim! People sang, danced and cried because the words carries so much power and truth in them! So Robert and I sang with as we tend to when we hear miss Mena sing. I pretty much forced him to take pictures because silly me I had forgotten my phone in the pocket of my coat which was stored in the lockers.
I think a lot of people recognize themselves in Miss Mena´s lyrics. Yesterday, she entered the room with so much good energy and this huge smile, one could not help but to get sucked into the moment.
When the tickets got realised in October this year I got a nudge from Rob and he asked if I wanted to join. I thought, what the heck let´s do it! I kind of forgot about it for a while and then the day was suddenly here. A perfect way to spend my Tuesday evening in Amsterdam. Very inspiring to see Miss Mena and her band play and all of the people watching her and getting emotional. Music is life described with the wonderful colours that tunes paint it in the frames of it with. The colours are emotions that drives us up and down and back and forth and I cannot recall any kind of more complete way of describing them then through music. Miss Mena does this exceptionally well, the way she writes and sings certainly makes me go into a kind of bubble and get in touch with my own emotions.
Copyright: Robert van Leeuwen
Painful kidneys or not, Amsterdam or somewhere in Norway...Robert and I decided that this must become a tradition! So who knows might next concert with Miss Mena be in Norway....it all depends how the next 7 days pan out.
Stay tuned,
xx Viking



No comments:
Post a Comment