It is a busy week, fuck Valentines I am too busy for fluffy pink stuff right now! ;) Yesterday I had an interview, not sure yet my gut tells I was not the candidate they were looking for. Then I got called by Addeco who might have something temporary for me. I also got approached by a company I had sent an application to a good while back. I needed to do an English language test for them as a part of the process. So today I did that, interviews, updated my resume and sent some applications aaaaaand this test. Somewhere between all that I walked 2 huge dogs (correction: got dragged!). I feel like the guy from the movie called Marley and me...do you know it? Not walking the teenage border collie is not an option. The other day he made that clear when he shat and peed on the carpet....the only carpet in the house he could find...it is supersmall and I was just about to walk him.... But truly I like animals....especially when I get to clean up something that looks like a lake of urine and cow shit bathing in it ;)
The older dog is sweet and calm and only listen when he feels like it these days. Pretends to be deaf but then when you make the ¨activation or cookie sound¨ theeen he hears you just fiiiine. Yes Golfo is a sweetheart, a gentle giant , the most gentle German shepherd I have met. Easy to please and easy around any dog and person by the looks of it.
Leo the border collie can be a typical teenager male dog testing the limits of my patience at times. It is true that I am not known to be the most patient person in the world, but animals like Leo are good for changing this. Also, when I am experiencing hardship and the dark sadness roots deep he sees it and crawls onto my lap to make me feel better. Yesterday I had one of those horrible days, feeling like a big nothing and Leo found my my arm and then my lap. His nose landed right next to mine and if there was a tear he was sure to wipe it clean. Animals detect sadness quicker then anyone and it is funny how a dog or a cat for example can differentiate between sadness, anger and stubborn behaviour. Leo seems to know just when to give comfort and he is still so young!
Viking abroad and her therapist of the day! ;)
Today Leo was really playful and attention seeking, the need for boundaries is clearly there and he can differentiate real well where boundaries have been established and where they have not been made at all. Since he had so much energy today I took out his toy after I had finished my test. It is a black rubber wheel that he loves to throw around the place when he is bored. I threw it to him and he brought it back and after a while I left him to play with it himself. Leo would have none of that of course so as I sat in the sofa he decided to throw me the rubber wheel and awaited my response (see picture below!)
Leo wants to play! The cat just does not do it!
Despite testing my patience at times and making the house f****ing dirty they are melting my heart at the same time. Still adapting to the situation, but I am certain we will be ok.
xx Viking


No comments:
Post a Comment