Monday, 15 February 2016

Weekend of Relax

Dear readers,

With all the stress that has been pulling my hair out lately I have decided that the weekends are to be sacred to keep my sanity as it were. Only sending in job applications and waiting for replies does not work either so, the girl had a zen-weekend.

Friday I had Canadian visits so it suited well that I had already planned a relaxing weekend in Bloemendaal National Park and Zandvoort aan Zee. Again it is so nice to be around people one is comfortable with. This time we headed further into the park. Weather was good, cold and the view was breathtaking. Walking for hours brings me back to mother earth when things around me get a bit crazy so this was needed. It felt like escaping to somewhere nothing or no one could touch me. When one with nature and all it´s rawness I forget what is waiting for me just for a while.
    Own photo from Bloemendaal National Park , 2016

There was a café/restaurant near the beach in Zandvoort that was still open so we went there and had a bite. Fairly simple, toast and soup but these days I cherish simple and easy hahaha. In the end the view from where we were sitting was enough to satisfy.

      A photo by my Canadian friend from Zandvoort Beach 2016

The beach beneath was almost empty  and the sun was setting whilst the tide came rolling inn. I cannot fathom how much my life has changed again since last year. Yet, maybe there is a reason for the changes or maybe there is none at all. The night was spent chilling with drinks and talking about cultures all around the world, I like those sort of evenings. Perspectives shared and moments sketched from moments in history. Friday was perfect, just a stolen place in time which we all need to do sometimes.

Saturday was spent at Schiphol saying goodbye to one of my Swedish friends and then I went to meet the lovely lady Yvette for coffee. A little lady-chat later and some coffee we went home and the day after we saw How-to-Be-Single which was hilarious! Maybe this is too much information buuut I laughed so much I almost peed my pants and then you know you went to the correct movie hehehe!

It was good and lovely to see good friends again and I am sure it was time well spent. My friends is the best and I would truly be nothing without them (I know I sound like a broken record...sorry!;)

xx Viking

No comments:

Post a Comment