Sunday, 28 February 2016

Vegan weekend

Hey there,

Weekend of celebrating is over and it is time to get back to business. I feel very relaxed and happy at the moment, it is as if I am starting fresh and making plans how to create something for myself and this time I will not loose focus!

It will be hard work, long hours sometimes work in the weekends as well but hey... it is all with a plan in mind. Last year was filled with too many events and influences in both good and bad ways. This year I have decided to be selfish and just focus on me and my career and my friends and to heck with all the rest. Though I realize not to get distracted will be a challenge for me, because I tend to be busy with many things at the same time all the time and well I hope I will manage to focus my energy this time.

This weekend was spent in Amsterdam with friends, on Friday I went to a Jamaican vegan place called Terra Zen were I had some street vegan food which was pretty good I must say. Nevermind the decor and the somewhat lazy service it was great because of the weirdness of it all, the cool chef and the good company of  my friend Gabi. Later on we went out in Amsterdam and had some drinks, it was her birthday present to me so it felt real special. We can speak about everything and nothing, I tend to only hang with these kind of people these days. People unafraid to be themselves and certainly not scared to say what they think. I like this, it makes me a better person and it keeps me aware of the world around me outside my ¨Viking bubble¨. 

Saturday I went to a part of a national park in Bussum, it was coooold but lovely and later I was cooking! Pretty darn proud of that curry actually and must say it was nice to have people around me who just appreciate the simplicity of staying at home, enjoy CSI Miami , playing with the cat, a good meal, good talks , good walk and exquisite wine of course. 

Tomorrow I head to Zandvoort again to check how a normal work day is at the hotel. After that I am going to send an application to a bar I know near Keizersgracht in Amsterdam. Finally I am keeping an eye on places for Freya and myself, the house is getting crowded and it is time to find something on my own maybe?
Not sure about living alone, I tend to not like it but somehow it feels like I should try it if I go look for a new place to live. Just nervous because I have not lived alone in many many years and it is kind of scary if I am honest. Oh well, I have some time to decide so no rush hehehe.

I hope you had a nice weekend! :) take care
xxViking


No comments:

Post a Comment